Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Blessed in Abundance

I cannot help but feel blessed this last week. Isaac and I both began work at our new jobs on Monday. We are both experiencing better work environments, better hours, and better pay. I know that Heavenly Father blessed us because I was praying so intently that we would be blessed with the opportunity to get better jobs, be better able to pay off our debts, and be in a better position to build up His kingdom here on the earth. I have never felt so 'heard' in my life. God truly works miracles for those that love Him.
Our new jobs are setting us on a new track in life...one that allows us to spend more time together and live normally. (hurray!) I have felt impressed that now is the time to set my life in order. Now is the time to put aside childish things. The words of Paul come to my mind...in essence they say when I was a child, I acted like a child, spoke like a child, walked like a child. Now I am a man (or a woman in my case) and I have put away childish things from me. -It is now time for Marinda to grow up and be a woman who does chores when she gets home from work instead of sitting down and playing computer games, or does her visiting teaching monthly, or resists evil temptations such as eating an entire carton of icecream in one sitting. I have felt the call and am striving to answer it as I have started tonight.

0 comments: