Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Few Changes

If there is one thing that I have learned it is that working full-time is waaaaaaay different from going to school full-time. Day in and day out routines develop, patterns form, and you can get pretty comfortable with the status quo. I go to work Friday through Tuesday and have Wednesday and Thursday off. I go to bed between 3 a.m. and 5 a.m. and wake up about 11 a.m. or noon. I get ready, eat, and leave the apartment at about 12:45 in order to make it to work in time to sit a while and chat on the phone with Isaac. I then work 8 hours plus a half hour break and at 10:00 I start heading home. I usually arrive home at about 10:35, eat whatever looks good, watch a movie, play around on facebook or a computer game, or read. I wait up till Isaac gets home at which point he usually wants to do something, like watch a movie or talk. The days blend into each other because they are all basically the same.
It is time to strike out for a change. The first change is in motion. We have rearranged the front room furniture, have purchased a king size bed, and have consolidated and organized the spare room. Change number 1 will be complete Saturday morning with the arrival and set up of the bed in our room.
Another change I am hoping to make is to keep the kitchen clean. I just washed the pile of dishes again. If we could only just wash them as we make them, my life would be cake. I would probably actually make cake instead of wishing I could then opting to go out to eat. It's a money saver, washing dishes.
Another change I would like to make that isn't quite possible yet is I would love to get my hair done professionally. I'm thinking short. Very short. I am tired of dealing with it. Once it is short, I have half the mind to dye it. What color? Who knows. All I know is I need change right now and I believe Isaac needs it too, in his own way. School starts Monday, I believe, and that will provide him with more change than it will for me (other than taking him away more often, which is not the kind of change I want). So yeah, while Isaac is going to school, I think I am going to work on picking up a hobby or something so that I don't vegetate in front of the computer as I am apt to do.
Anyways, just thought I would write about the changes I am working on in the hopes that writing them will lead to action.

3 comments:

ecometrochic said...

I will teach you to sew headbands for your short hair. I vote red. Red is cool. Change is good:)

Laura & Wes said...

LOL! Things are about to change for me big time! Check out my new blog at weslaura.blospot.com

Cbelle said...

As to the going to school versus working, you are absolutely right, and in a way I think I would prefer the school. Working full-time, no summer break is taking some getting used to.