Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Recognizing Myself

I was sitting here, browsing the various events in people's lives...especially my friends...and a dawning realization came over me. I want to get pregnant again. This is the first time since the miscarriage that I have felt a true desire to have a baby. I guess it stems from the fact that every time I read about someone else's experience with pregnancy (and it seems like ALL of my friends are pregnant or have recently welcomed a new baby into the world) it makes an impression on my thoughts about where I am now. Of course, the doctor said to give it six months, and then I've also heard that sometimes a temporary infertility settles on the woman post-miscarriage, but I guess it all depends on what is right for Isaac and myself.
Speaking of Isaac we have had a beautiful day together. We got up early and went to institute at 8 a.m. (yay me for not sleeping in!!), we played a couple games of pool after the class was over, then he took me to the Jordan River Trail and we got out and walked a portion of it. We then tried to go see a dollar movie, but the only movie we were interested in was listed on the internet but not yet showing at the theater. Weird. So we rented Bride Wars and enjoyed some lighthearted comedy together (after a funny incident with a broken dvd player). Isaac said to me afterward that he would like to make Wednesday day our date time...especially since we don't get any evenings together. I appreciated that sentiment as it hadn't even crossed my mind to worry about date time. Guess I get too caught up in the present sometimes. But I am married to a wonderful man. :)

0 comments: