Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Bride's To-Do List

I keep telling myself that all I have to do is breathe deeply.

Last Saturday, Isaac and I went to a drive-in together and watched a double feature. One was called Ghost of Girlfriends Past or some such nonsense. Well, the movie takes place during the preparations for the main character's brother's wedding. The bride is depicted as a girl who barely is keeping it together and snaps into tizzy fits at the slightest provocation. I used to think that all such displays were completely fictional...or at least that I would have it all under control when it was my turn. Ha. Nature is proving otherwise. I have burst into tears randomly on two separate occasions and I still have over a month and a half of our two-month long engagement to go! Isaac was the unfortunate receiver on the other end of my woes last night as we waited for our order at the Belgian Waffle House (excellent place by the way). But yeah, bridezillas DO exist and may even be inside of you, single women.

So, there are so many things to do...like order invitations (yikes!), reserve canopies, tables, chairs, tablecloths, order cakes, buy guestbooks and pens, etc, etc, etc. I feel like I am in a whirlwind and attempting to grasp things as they fly by without being able to. That being said, I have been on the receiving end of so much support that I can't help but say 'Thanks!!!" right now to all of those who have offered their assistance. I love you for your kind thoughtfulness in this stressful time.

Here we are...51 days and counting...

0 comments: