Sunday, May 10, 2009

It's Official!

Welcome to the new blog. This is where you will be able to access all news regarding our new venture into becoming an eternal family! So far, so good. Here is the engagement/dating story according to me:





Isaac and I met back in January at a fireside. We started talking and hit it off. I brought him back to my apartment and had him change a lightbulb that was too high for me to reach. We then drank hot cocoa and talked for hours! He and I exchanged phone numbers and saw each other daily for several weeks. After Valentines Day, we had a misunderstanding and parted ways for about a week and a half or two weeks. Then we got back together for a few days. Then we broke up again (I broke up with him...not sure why now). Then we got back together again. This time, when we got back together, I could tell that things were getting serious. I knew how much he loved me and was worried about breaking his heart. We stopped dating for a while so that I could pray and know for myself if this was the right thing. About a week later, a sweet, peaceful feeling came over me as I was praying and pondering over whether or not to marry Isaac. I knew then that yes, I could move forward. So, I called Isaac and we started to spend time together again...this was in April.


Here's my side of the story about the proposal: I started out my morning on Friday, May 1, with a job interview. Afterwards, I went to my friend's sealing in the temple. It was a glorious day...a little cloudy, but nice. It was my first time ever going to a sealing and I could feel the immense power that it brings to the lives of those sealed. I must have been glowing when I came out of the temple. Isaac called me when I was waiting for my friend to come out in her dress. We talked and he ended up joining my friends and I as we waited. He even joined our 'wedding group' for a photo. We then said goodbye to my friends and argued about where we would have our lunch--his place or mine. Then out of the blue, he wanted to go on top of the conference center. I was like, wait a minute. Then we ended up walking all the way around the top without him doing anything unusual. We then came down and started walking towards his car. Then he wanted to walk up these stairs at the back of the conference center and we stood there, on a landing in the middle of the staircase and looked out, talking. I was hungry and wanting to go eat, but every time I suggested we leave he said no. I was getting more and more certain that he was going to propose. Then people kept coming around. A lady was using the stairs for her exercise routine, then the guys with the lawnmowers and weedwhackers were coming around. Finally, they all left. I then spied Isaac grabbing something out of his sock. A white box! Then I said "I saw that." He replied "What? I don't have anything." He tried to hide it between his arm and his chest as he showed me his empty hand. I then pretended to be impatient to leave and finally, he whipped out the box and opened it. I told him he could put the ring on my finger, which he did. We kissed. I then said, "Well, aren't you going to ask me?" To which he replied shyly, "Will you marry me?" I squeaked out a 'yes,' then spoke up more loudly, "Yes." So that is the story of our engagement as I see it.


0 comments: